45 years of living on the West Coast of British Columbia has inspired me to explore many artistic forms and views. Exploring the many fascinating and beautiful regions of the province has given me perspective on where and who we are. The colour and intensity of Nature, history, music, art, and family are all fused together in my life and reflected in my art. Some of the elements included in my art projects are:
- Driftwood and reclaimed wood from various coastal shorelines,
- Reclaimed and refurbished metals from the logging, fishing and shipping industries,
- Rocks from beaches throughout the Pacific Northwest, and
- Collectibles and relics discovered in Antique stores, old farmyards, docks, scrap metal yards and abandoned factories.
Manipulating these elements into functional, attractive pieces of art is our passion. Our goals are to:
- Give life to that which has been discarded,
- Respect our forefather's blood and sweat by reviving the tools and mediums they used,
- Add color and life to the history of our land, and
- Offer our vision and perspective in the form of art for you to enjoy.
Thank-you for taking your time to visit this site - I hope you can one day enjoy my art in your home.
Douglas Whiteford, artist.